Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:02:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/2002 8:42:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Dear Listers,

 I have a PII 450, 256ram, 16.8gig HD running Win98se.  I have a second HD
 (D:), Western Digital 80 gig ATA100 plugged into an ATA100 PCI card.  I want
 to copy the contents of C: onto D: and then make D: my boot drive.

 I have Norton Ghost but it won't let me place the image of C: onto D:.  I
 have a small LAN and it won't let me copy the image to any other networked
 drive.  It says I need a corporate edition.  But I don't understand why it
 won't let me copy c to d?

 Has anyone used that xcopy procedure?  If so, does it work and how (step by
 step please, I'm a little slow) do I do it?  It's getting kind of frustrating
 since I think I'm losing my primary boot drive and want to get the drive
 copied. >>

Ok, I re-tried Norton Ghost.  It took around 5 hrs and copied 16gigs to a
non-dos partition and marked it as active.  Great huh?  Turned out to be
useless once Ghost was done because Windows no longer saw drive D:.

I tried the one suggestion on using a program called "xxcopy".  It sure went
alot quicker although I'm still not sure if it worked since fdisk reported
only 10gigs used on the dos partition whereas it listed 16 gigs used on the
non-dos Ghost created partition.

I disconnected the old C: drive, went into BIOS and tried all of the options
listed for a boot device (since the WD 80gig is attached to a Siig
UltraATA/100 PCI card).  But to no avail.  I then tried attaching the drive
directly to mobo and it still wouldn't boot.

Should I go back to square one and do the "scorched earth" thing - -
fdisk,format and try re-copying the old C: drive?  Or is it better to go out
and get a mobo that supports ATA 100?

TIA,
Kevin Nowicki

                       http://freepctech.com/rode