Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Charly Rauscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:26:18 +0000
Thanks to those that provided assistance.
Here's what transpired:

I checked my WIN 95 cd for directory WIN\other\oldmsdos. The only
files there were Help & Qbasic. So here's what I did:

I copied the following files from a dos based pc into c:\dos
on my PC:

memmaker.exe
chkstate.sys
sizer.exe
himem.sys .  These files are needed to run memmaker

Next I shutdown the pc and into dos prompt, then I ran memmaker
making sure to select the option for expanded memory. This procedure
worked fine, although I lost about 30k of conventional memory.

As a precaution, I copied himem.sys & emm386.exe into the
 c:\windows directory.

I rebooted the pc, then found the shortcut entry for my  dos
program. I selected properties. I clicked on Program tab, then
selected "Advanced". For advanced program settings,  I selected the
first 2 options "Prevent MS-DOS based programs from detecting
Windows, and "Suggest MS-Dos as necessary.

Next I clicked on Memory tab, and behold the "expanded Memory" option
was now available. I selected a parameter for expanded memory and
saved the changes. I started the dos program and all is well.

However, I do have  one last question. When I displayed the
c:\Windows directory under MS Explorer I could not see the "himem.sys
file". It was hidden.  I could see it when I executed the "dir
command from a DOS prompt. Can someone tell me why??

> On Thursday, February 19, 1998 3:38 AM, Charly Rauscher
> [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> > I'm running a DOS based proprietary program under WIN 95. The vendor
> > insists that I need to have expanded memory active for this program
> > to work efficiently. When I look at the properties for this program I
> > cannot activate the expanded memory option, it's greyed out.. I also
> > noticed that I no longer have the "memmaker" program under the DOS
> > directory. In fact, there's nothing in the DOS directory.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
Charly Rauscher                  Morgan Memorial Goodwill
MIS Director                     1010 Harrison Avenue
617 541-1297                     Boston, MA 02119