Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Russ Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 07:32:45 -0500
Thanks for all the responses.  Turns out that the files we were trying to
open had become corrupted in transferring from another computer.  When we
got clean copies of the Office 2003 files, they opened just fine in Office
2000.  So the files are compatible between Office 2000 and 2003.  I didn't
need to install any file converters.
----- Original Message -----
From: "J Ottie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Office 2000 vs 2003

Original Message --
From: "Russ Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Office 2000 vs 2003

We have a number of Word 2003 files that we cannot open in Word 2000.  The
error message is "incorrect file name or path". Is there a known problem
between Office 2003 and Office 2000?  Both machines are running XP.

$$$

Good Afternoon Russ,

I'm no MS Office expert but I believe what you need is Microsoft's Office
File Converter Pack availabe here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cf196df0-70e5-4595-8a98-370278f40c57&DisplayLang=en.

According to MSO's description, "Office File Converter Pack ... provides
file converters and image filters for Microsoft Office programs, from
Microsoft Office 97 to Microsoft Office 2003." That said, I believe this
converter pack will allow you to 'convert' your Word 2003 documents to the
Word 2000 document format which will then be readable  and editable by your
machines with Office 2000 installed.

If you just wish to be able to view Word 2003 documents on a PC without a
Word 2003 installation, then Microsoft's Word Viewer 2003 availabe here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en
will do the trick.

HTH. Please let us know how you make out. I am,

Very truly yours
Jeffrey Ottie

eom

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: