Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:45:37 -0600
Hi Carol,

You haven't seen that security alert from Norton because it's associated
with the Windows Security Center which was added in Windows XP Service Pack
2. You don't have it. By default, the Security Center is set to alert the
user if there's a risk involving the anti-virus software settings. What
Norton is saying is that it is in charge of anti-virus matters and it
doesn't want Windows (Security Center) to warn you about something it does
and will, therefore, turn it off.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 2:00 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Norton alert that won't go away

Anne,
I have Norton, but I've never received that message.  It sounds like
maybe you have another antivirus on your computer?  It sounds like it
wants you to say that Norton is the default, or something to that
effect.  I agree with Sven that, if you click on "Yes", (if you haven't
already done so), it will probably go away until, or unless, it senses
another program entering into the picture.  I'm just guessing at a lot
of this, of course, since I've never seen that message.  Just a thought.
Carol Hanson

> Hello Anne,
>
> I don't use, and haven't used, Norton so I'm not familiar with it's
inner
> workings. Perhaps if you nose around in settings, preferences or
whatever
> Norton calls the program options, there may be an option somewhere to
turn
> that alert off. Maybe someone on the list who uses Norton will post a
> solution for you. It may be that once you give Norton the OK on the
alert
> notice, you won't see it again as long as Norton keeps itself updated.
>
> Ultimately, I see you making a decision... continue to use Norton and
accept
> the way it functions or change to another anti-virus program. I, too,
like
> to think I'm in charge and in control of everything on my machine.
Programs
> that challenge my authority live a short life on my computer.
>
> Sven Swanson, Sr.
>

> > Your computer security is monitored by:  Norton antivirus.  To
prevent
> > duplicate security status alerts, use my existing Norton product
alerts
> > and
> > turn off redundant Windows Sceutu Center alerts (recommended).
> >
> > There is an OK box and the X at the top.  I tried clicking the X to
make
> > it
> > go away; it didn't.
> > Thank you, Anne Neighbors