Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:56:10 -0400
Thanks Tom--

I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been.  [See below]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Turak" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Data sort errors in Excel

> I'm sorry if I misunderstood this Paul, but from what your wrote it seems
> not all columns / rows are sorting, causing First Street's completion
date
> to now be on the row for Second Street.  The most common cause for this
is a
> problem with the header row, and the most common problem is an empty cell
in
> the header row.  What occurs is Excel doesn't automatically select
adjacent
> columns or rows if there might be blanks.
>
> The immediate fix is to make sure the header row has a label for every
> column.  Then, SELECT the region to sort.  Clicking into a table and
> choosing Data, Sort, does not allow you to adjust the sort region, so
> pre-select the area to sort.  This gives Excel a chance to complain about
> problems it is about to have with your table.  Some of the messages are
> "adjacent columns look like they should be included".  See if this helps.

When I indicated that the individual selected the table, I meant that
he clicked on the 'corner marker' beside columns A-ZZetc., and
above rows 1-65000+.  This marker selects the entire table for
purposes of sorting.  Your conclusion, though (that not all of the
columns sorted), was correct.  I'll convey the rest of your information
to the gentleman, and see if, perhaps, there is an empty cell in the
header row.  I've also been told that the columns chosen to sort on
are best located at columns A, B--to the left, though why this should
be the case, I can't imagine.  (I've never had a problem with the
location of the sorting rows.)

> If I haven't described your problem exactly, let me know and I will try
> answer.
>
> Tom Turak

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>