Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Wanda Irby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:19:05 -0600
Method one is what I did!  It asked me to create a user profile so I
did. Never has this happened before when I upgraded.  I set up all the
preferences back the way I had them.  No problem there.  But all
bookmarks and addresses were gone.  Okay.  I have most in another disk
(removeable).  Loaded them again.  Everything worked fine until I shut
down.  The next time I started the computer it is all to do over again
and has been that way since I upgraded to 4.72. So I reloaded 4.5.  It
has always worked fine but now it does the same thing.  Should I delete
everything and start over?

Dharam Bhardwaj wrote:

> Lately, I have seen a few posts on this subject.
> I have used the following 2 methods, flawlessly since version 2.0.
> My preference is method 1, which has never failed me, and is also in
> Netscape's readme files.
>
> 1. Simply download the newer version and install over existing.
>     Netscape replaces the older with the newer and all
>     bookmarks/cache/mail/news remain intact.
>
> 2. Uninstall current version.
>     The \netscape\user directories are NOT deleted.
>     Install newer version. Voila, all bookmarks, etc. are all there.
>
> If neither method works, then things have gone haywire.
> In this case, uninstall current version, and backup the profile.
> Clean out the registry of unwanted Netscape entries, delete any
> lingering shortcuts(Netscape), delete Netscape directories, and start
> fresh. Manually create a profile with the same name, and start Netscape.
> Close Netscape. THEN, replace the new profile with the old.
> This method has also worked for me on several occasions.
>
> If none of these methods work, then the problem is likely not Netscape.
>
> Regards,
> Dharam
>
>       "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>         programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                          http://nospin.com/rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html