Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Harry Lichtbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:08:22 -0800
When this happened to my computer it turned out to be the combination of my
virus scanner (McAfee) and the Cleansweep Monitor.  I disabled the Monitor and
it stopped happening.  (For me, it was not just memory, it was also CPU
utilization.)  My theory was (and still is!) that they were watching each other.
Every time McAfee started a task to scan a file (like on Opening a file)
Cleansweep started a tasked to count the usage which caused McAfee to start a
task to scan Cleansweep which caused Cleansweep etc., etc., etc..  Everything is
okay now.  I think I told one or the other of the programs (and hopefully both,
well maybe just Cleansweep) to ignore each other!  Or maybe my current version
of McAfee changed it's architecture and doesn't trigger Cleansweep.

Anyways, this kind of thing, two or more programs that are monitoring the
execution of other programs, could be your problem.  (Do you have two virus
scanners running?)

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:19:35 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyone have any ideas why I should slowly "lose" memory when leaving my
>computer on for any length of time under Win98.  I have a Pentium III 450
>mz.  The other day, I left my computer on all day while I went to work.
>When I came back home and attempted to use the computer, I got an out of
>memory message - close down some apps.  There was hardly anything open at
>the time and closing what was open didn't help at all.
>
>If you have any experience with this problem, I would appreciate hearing
>from you.
>
>- Jack Petrilli
Harry Lichtbach
Almaden Unlimited
San Jose, CA. USA

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions