Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Tretter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:25:41 -0600
I'm not sure but this might work for you.  Open Outlook Express in a small
window and create a folder on the desktop next to it.  Select the emails you
want to save by highlighting and then drag and drop to the new folder.  This
should work for the other files as well.  Copy the folder to the zip drive,
usb key, cd, etc. and then copy from there to the new computer.  Depending
on the email client you may be able to drag and drop the emails from the
folder to the new email client the same way you copied from Outlook Express
to the folder at the beginning of this process. Good Luck

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurie Hand
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] copying files and emails from old computer to new computer

Thanks so much to anybody who can help me.  I just bought a Gateway
computer running Windows 8.1 and I want to copy my saved emails and various
files from several older computers to the new one.  The older computers are
running Windows Vista and Windows XP.

I tried "easy transfer", but the new computer won't accept the transfer
from the Vista.  I haven't tried anything with the XP yet.

I can copy all the files and folders well enough without easy transfer,
though it will be tedious.  But I don't know how to get my saved emails
moved over.  Some are from 2006, perhaps some even earlier, currently on
Outlook Express.  I don't think I will like the Windows Mail program, so
I'm planning on trying Thunderbird for my email on the new computer.

I have a zip drive which works on all these computers, so I'm hoping to use
that.  I can do CDs as well, if that would be better.  I also have an
external hard drive which I think is pretty full with backup files, but if
that is necessary, I could use that.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Laurie

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: