Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 23:28:36 -0500
At 05:25 AM 2/7/1998 Robert Prickett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Is it possible to install version B over an already installed and very much
>>expanded version A?
>
>Yes, very simply.  Find 'win.com' and rename to 'win.win' or
>something.  That's the file win95 OSR2 looks for, to determine an
>older version of win95.  Not seeing it, OSR2 installs fully.

I do not think this will work, although I have not tried it. This is
predicated on the assumption that Win95b = Win95 OEM R2.

My experience is that the OEM Release 2 version of Win95 requires
the partition be created with the FDISK contained in OEM Release 2.
This is the FDISK that asks if you wish to enable large disk support
(i.e.,  want the FAT32 option).

Although this is empirical, I've not seen anything to contradict this.

The renaming of WIN.COM works where you have installed the
upgrade version of Win95a and wish to use the later, OEM version
(i.e., non-upgrade version) of Windows 95a.

Perhaps, if you combine Mr. Prickett's technique after a Partition Magic
conversion of your FAT16 partition to FAT32, it would work.

However, your best option is to buy the Win98 Beta 3 and install it
over your existing Win95a installation.

Regards,

John Chin

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]