Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:32:32 -0500
Hi Diane,

"*Chrome is a browser, like Firefox, only, I believe, uses less resources."

Don't count on it. Both Firefox and Chrome are resource hogs and this issue

is well known to exist for both.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/High%20memory%20usage

http://www.pingnuts.com/fix-for-firefox-high-memory-usage-issue/

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak

Both are multi-threaded browsers ,but Chrome even more so than Firefox.

It makes it fast ,but only if you have the memory (RAM) to support this hoggish behavior.

Check Task Manager and see how many processes they have running.

Both also use (in my view) excessive caching ,resulting in high memory usage.

Readings to almost 1 GB are not unusual.

Minimizing the browser and then restoring it ,will bring mem use down.

(but it will creep up again.)

So does using fewer add-ons and fewer open tabs.

Opera behaves a bit better in that regard.

Peter E.