Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:58:25 +0800
My 2 cents - Windows 2000. No way on earth would I go back to win9x. I
guess my PC usage would be classified as 'power user' and I install and
remove many apps as part of my job (and for fun!). Since I installed
Win2k SP1 my PC has been bombproof. Crashes are perhaps once a month if
I'm unlucky. Uptime is close to perfect - I no longer bother switching
off my PC. Win98 requires a restart at least every few days.
I still deal with Win98 PC's through work, and every time I do I wonder
why anyone would stick with it (financial reasons usually). 2k and XP
are by far a superior OS.

On another note, MS online support for win95 and NT3.5 ceases as of the
end of this year, which means no more knowledge base for these two OS'es
(so I believe).

And I also see a recent report
(http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/19996.html) claims that Linux/Open
Source is now the more insecure OS, which has raised some interesting
discussions...

Rick P

Date:    Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:32:25 +1300
From:    Ian <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Upgrading - Need Info

Asking which is the best OS, on this forum, is a bit like asking
athletics people which are the best track shoes.

My 2cents?  I won't go past W98SE - fully tweaked and tuned up, of
course.

It sure isn't perfect but it's way closer than the other options.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand