Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Volkard Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:13:20 -0500
  I have a client that has an unusual problem. They called me up because
when they started Word 2000 and loaded a .doc file, it came up in a
"symbol"-type font, (it was a resume). Also, as they started word, an error
message came up saying it couldn't find the Tahoma font. When I stopped by,
and looked in the Windows\Fonts folder, all I saw were the 5 or so
"non-true-type" fonts, (those with the A icon instead of the TT icon). When
I did a "find files" for *.ttf, they show up in the list in the
windows\fonts folder. I tried options to show fonts, made sure "show all
files" was selected, everything i could think of to show these "hidden"
fonts... to no avail. Upon placing the Tahoma Font back in the folder, it
shows up and Word starts OK and loads the Resume they were working on. A
day later, it is gone again. Suspecting a virus, I did a "clean install" of
Norton Antivirus 2000, loaded the latest definitions and did a through
virus check, checking all files, and it finds nothing. I gave them the disk
with the Tahoma Font on it and showed them how to replce the file whenever
it comes up missing... but it seems to be happening every day. Anyone ever
heard of this and maybe know what might be wrong?

Volkard Linke

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml