Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:15:39 -0400
At 09:26 10/25/00, Paul Tiwana <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>When I start my computer , i get an error messge,
>"A required .dll file  TSAD.dll  was not found"
>First I thought it was part of the Zone Alarm, but it is not.
>I checked the win.ini file too and found
>load =
>run =
>
>Can somebody please advise me how to get rid of this error
>message?

Hi Paul

There may be an entry in the registry which is trying to load this
DLL. Search the registry for TSAD.dll. (Go to Start, Run and type
in Regedit. Click "OK". Once regedit opens, click "Edit", then "Find".
Type in TSAD.dll and go from there.) You may find it in one of the
following registry keys:

If you see TSAD.dll in the right pane of regedit, highlight the
left most part of the line that contains TSAD.dll and click the
delete key.

There are a few other locations where the file might be called,
but these two are the most likely.

I read recently that you ran Adaware. If you let it delete some
spyware, this probably caused your problem.

Alan Thompson mentioned that TSAD.dll is part of Conduscent/
TimeSink's programming. Alan supplied this link:
<http://www.alphalink.com.au/~johnf/spyware.html>.
They repeat Conduscent's instructions for removing
the TimeSink stuff:

1. Remove from c:\winnt or c:\windows: tsad.dll, vcpdll.dll and
    FlexActv.dll
2. Remove tsadbot.exe from C:\Program Files\TimeSink\AdGateway.
3. Remove C:\Program Files\TimeSink directory.
Clean the Registry:
4. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeSink registry key.
5. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TimeSink registry key.
6. Remove Conducent entries from:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run

Note number 6. The registry key is incorrect in that it's missing
"\Windows" from its middle. It should read
as I mentioned above. Please go there and delete the appropriate
entry. (Any entry that mentions TSAD.dll or any other TimeSink
file.)

Since TSAD.dll is spyware, it was probably used by some "freeware"
("adware" if you like) program that you installed. (Maybe you've
even uninstalled that program by now.) Spyware is not always
removed when you remove its host program.

Regards,
Bill

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html