Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 06:45:02 -0600
I setup systems with the DOS MENU option for poeple who have
older DOS games they wish to play.   This works very well...

This is done by using TWEAK to turn off the boot to GUI option.  When
this is set, you must use the Win.com to start Win98.   This in effect makes
Windows98 respond at boot like Windows3.xx.  You can also acccomplish
turning off the boot to GUI option by editing your MSDOS.SYS file, (this is
what Tweak accomplishes).  Change the line in MSDOS.SYS from:
  BootGUI=1     to    BootGUI=0

Now, when you boot the system, it will end the process after processing
your Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files.   You have only started Dos v7.
You will need to run WIN.exe or just WIN to start Windows98.

If you want special setup for Dos vs. Windows, use the DOS MENU to
configure for each one.  Here is a sample of a DOS MENU for both
your Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files to run well in Dos or WIndows:
         CONFIG.SYS

[Menu]
Menuitem=Windows98
Menuitem=Dos
Menucolor=15, 1
Menudefault=Windows, 30

[common]

[Windows98]

[Dos]
Device=c:\windows\himem.sys
Devicehigh=c:\windows\emm386.exe ram
Devicehigh=c:\cddriver\oakcdrom.sys /d:nospin
           AUTOEXEC.BAT

@echo off
cls
goto %config%

:Windows98
WIN
goto End

:Dos
path=c:\cddriver;c:\sound;c:\windows;c:\windows\command;c:\mouse
c:\sound\sounddriver.exe
set blaster=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6
LH C:\mouse\mouse.exe /q
LH c:\windows\command\mscdex.exe /d:nospin
goto End

:End

Now, WIndows98 will begin the boot process and stop just as it begins
to process the Config.sys and prompt you for either 1) Windows98 or
2) Dos.   You press a key and it will give you a different configuration
required.  Windows98 is uneffected and has nothing loaded in these
files to effect it, Dos has a sound driver, a CD Rom driver and a Mouse
driver...  you are ready to run your Dos games or applications just as we
did prior to the advent of Windows98.

You will need to edit the basic layout to meet your needs with the proper
paths and drivers for your mouse, sound card and CD Rom...   (this is only
given as a templete).  But...  it works and I do this all the time for beginner
users who like to run DOS games, or at least old DOS games that are
effected by Windows running...

I hope this helps....

    Bob Wright