Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:33:38 +1000
April writes:

<<I have the same problem, since the only option XP gives you is bitmap, and
haven't figured out how to save a graphic any other way. >>

That is certainly not normal. When saving a pic, do you right click on it
in your browser (IE?) and select "Save picture as"?

At the very bottom of the Save box, there should be a line reading "save as
type". Do you see that? Normally, the graphic type shown there should be
the same as the original image. At the end of that line, there should be a
little scroll arrow. What happens when you click that? You should see a
selection of graphic file types from which to choose.

Please tell us exactly where this procedure is breaking down, and which
browser you are using.

I don't think I've ever seen an internet image in bitmap form, they are
nearly always .jpg or occasionally .gif. Bitmaps were the original windows
format, rarely used now because of their enormous file-size.

If you really can't solve the problem, there's an easy workaround.

When you have the pic in your browser window (you may need to hit F11 to
get fullscreen), just hit the printscreen key. Then open Irfanview (or any
picture editor) and hit Ctrl+v. That will paste the pic into Irfan. Crop or
edit as needed and save.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml