Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:20:27 +0530
Dear Chuck,

Anyone trying to receive 104 Mb through dial-up will have a hard
time!  Have the following suggestions:

1. Put the file on a server which does support "resume" (so if the
dial-up connected drops, he/she can resume downloading from where
they left off). I use Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) as a download
manager with "resume", but there are many others...  Note: Most
file-sharers such as Rapidshare do NOT allow / support download
managers and the "resume" function except for 'premium' i.e. paid-for
accounts. If you're willing to pay for such an account, it should be
relatively easy. DAP has an "Always Resume" add-on which gives you a
resume capability when downloading from servers which do not support
'resume' but unlike DAP itself, which is free, "Always Resume" is a
paid feature. If you're willing to pay for "Always Resume", this
could be an option.

2. Use one of the many "file splitters" (some are freeware, others
shareware at very low cost) to break the file into small "chunks" and
send the small chunks each as an attachment of a separate email. When
all emails have been received, the recipient can re-assemble the
chunks into the original file (for which he/she'll need the same
software which split it)

3. Copy the entire file onto a CD-ROM and mail it! To me this is by
far the easiest solution - at both ends, your's and the recipient's.

cheers,  = Cheeta   / [log in to unmask]

At 09:00 AM 10/26/2007, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>i have a big file i would like to send to someone..and they  dont have Pando,
>nor can they download it since they have "dialup"..was  wondering if anyone
>knew any other way to send it, its about 104MB's ...thanks  for any help you
>can give me
>
>CHUCK

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>