Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:02:55 -0400
Kathy,
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options,
Connection, and check the box "Never dial a connection".
This should stop the automatic dial up.
My guess is that one of the programs is checking for
updates and if you have either the "Dial whenever..."
or the "Always dial" box checked that is the problem.

Mary
----- Original Message -----
From: "KATHY SCHRIEBER" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:58 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] dial up connection dials itself

I have dial up internet (I know!)  that has changed itself.  On the dial up
dialog box the check box for dial automatically has checked itself.  Upon
opening the browser, the box comes up and very quickly begins to dial-I
don't have time to uncheck the box.  If I open settings there is no place I
can find to disable that box to dial auto.  As if that isn't bad enough, it
dials up by itself in the middle of the night and is online for awhile, I
cant tell it is doing anything but the disc drive does make noise sometimes.
Does this  sound like something malicious or a spyware threat?  I am using
comodo fire wall, and CA antivirus and spyware.  they are up to date and
don't find anything when I run a scan. Computer is an HP about 2 years old
and isn't giving me any problems.  Any ideas how to fix this so it won't
dial itself all day?  Do I need to change antivirus/spyware?  This one is
good until Feb. The dialog box pops up from time to time when I am not
online and doing other things on the computer so it is annoying when it
takes off and logs on.  thanks in advance.  Kathy

                       http://freepctech.com/rode