Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Eugene Gurevich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:01:02 -0500
Hi :

I have read the column by Fred Langa and donwloaded some of the software
he mentioned. Using RAMpage I can now see that when I start my machine
I have only 70M of RAM left free (out of 128). On startup I have running
internat, explorer, em_exec, rsrcmtr, systray, wmexe.
I don't think I can close any of these. Does it sound reasonable to use
up 58M on these? Is there any article that I could read regarding RAM.
Langa's article is mostly about the virtual memory.
Thanks for any suggestion

--
gene gurevich
[log in to unmask] - email

----         Les Barnes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Eugene Gurevich wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody:
> >
> > My desktop constantly running out of memory even though I don't really
> > run that much stuff on it. I usually have a MS Excel, MS Word, and
> Internet
> > connection and a player. After a while (less then an hour I would
> say)
> > I can't run any other application because I'm getting message
> > "OUt of memory, Please cancel one or more application" or something
> > tha effect. What should I do? Where should I look to see what it
> the
> > problem and how do I fix it?
> >
> > Hi Gene,
>
> To understand what is happening, I refer you to four of Fred Langa's
> columns:
>
> http://www.winmag.com/columns/explorer/2000/11.htm. Also 12, 13 & 14.htm
> I just finished fixing my daughter's new 700 MHz Dell for the second
> time. Memory problems but different programs. You really should give
> us
> more info especially about your OS. If it is Win98SE you can run
> MSCONFIG from Start/Run and unclick all your start-up programs except
> Explorer & Systray. Then go to My Computer, rightclick on it, go to
> Properties & left click and the under Performance check System
> Resources. If it runs OK after several hours add a few programs in
> start-up, reboot and do it again. When you find the offending program,
> you may need new drivers or whatever. You can talk to their tech
> support. I would also shut off screensavers and power functions. Make
> sure Task Scheduler is disabled. It can be a long frustrating process.
> Mine took overnight to fail.
>
> Good luck,
> Les Barnes
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download
>                      visit our download web page at:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions