Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:39:51 -0400
Ok Stephen, from what research I've been able to do, the WWT viruses are COM
viruses. In other words they effect the .COM files on your computer such as
COMMAND.COM. I couldn't find specific removal information on this one,
however in most cases a COM virus can be removed using an emergency recovery
diskette such as the one you can create with your NAV. Create the diskette
and boot to it.
The utilities should remove the virus, however it will not repair the
damaged files. To repair the files you will need to use your XP setup disks
to run a repair install.
Thankfully your system hasn't been damaged too badly so far. I just had to
completely wipe my stepson's XP machine and reinstall everything because
they ignored the problem.
One thing that I'm curious about, NAV with the latest updates should be able
to remove this virus.
And by the way; this virus can only be caught by executing an infected
program, and your NAV should have prevented this also.

William Pike

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Stephen K. Brown
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 1:10 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Virus Problem

Have WinXP Pro with NAV 2004.  Am getting Norton Virus alerts that says I
have WWT.125.A virus.  Error messages state that NAV is unable to repair
this file.  So far each alert has stated that the object files are all in
the C:\windows\system32 folder and in each case it refers to a different
file in that folder.  Symantec (to date) has been unresponsive.

Does anyone know how to remove this specific virus?  Thanks to all for any
help!

Steve Brown