Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:13:49 -0500
I run one or the other of DK9 or PD7 every 2 weeks or so.  It takes about 10 minutes to get 0 fragmented files.  I don't think I am wearing out my hard drive any more than I would if it had to look all over the place to find all the files for a particular app.  Besides that, I make a lot of changes and do many installs and uninstalls for beta testing and other reasons.  My drive is more fragmented than most.  Even so I wouldn't wait for a fall off in performance before defragging.

Where do you get the statement that it is not necessary to defrag modern computer systems?  Is there some authority for that, or is that your opinion?  For the record, I don't agree, and finally, I can't recommend that people spend money on a defragger that leaves lots of fragmented files when it is done, even if Ashampoo is only $12.99.

John Dent <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Joseph,
>
>Disk Defragmenters are not necessary to run on current computer systems
>unless you notice a performance drop (having fragmented files is ok
>unless they impact performance). Most any defragmenter will do the job.
>Having 0 fragmented files all the time is not a practical endeavor
>unless you are trying to wear out your hard drive. I recommend
>defragmenting about every six months for the typical computer user and
>about every three months for the heavy duty user. But be guided by need,
>not a clock.
>
>John
>
>joseph marty wrote:
>
>>I have read reviews that if you run a regular defragger after Ashampoo you will still find a lot of fragmented files.  Try a demo download of Diskeeper 9 (www.executivesoftware.com) or PerfectDisk 7.0 (www.raxco.com) and run one of those after Ashampoo has finished to see if that is true.  I regularly use PD7 or DK9 and have 0 fragmented files when they are done.  Both are way faster than the default defragger that comes with Windows, and neither stops and then starts over like the Win defragger does if you even move your mouse cursor.  Raxco's Perfect Disk 7 has a subscription membership that doesn't require you to buy and install software.  I beta tested it and have a subscription.  If you really want to keep your hard drive clean and healthy you will need a dedicated defragger.  I don't think Ashampoo can keep up with either one of the above.  Check it out for yourself.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode