Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:04:52 -0700
  Firewalling is an optional feature of some recent router products.  Not
all routers with firewalling cobbled on provide protection as good as a box
designed from the ground up to be a firewall.

  A software firewall like ZA can tell you which process on your machine has
decided it wants to access the Internet.  A sseparate firewall device
doesn't have access to that information.  Both is better than one or the
other.

  A router that does NAT provides adequate protection from purely inbound
threats if you only need outbound access.  It won't catch spyware or email
viruses, and it doesn't help if you need to run an Internet-accessible
server (which most home users don't).

David Gillett

On 22 Jul 2005 at 11:56, Jack Brooks wrote:

> If you are using a router, you do not need Zone Alarm. Routers have a built
> in firewall which works as well if not better than a software firewall. I
> would suggest the free Zone Alarm for the Laptop when not at home.
>
> Hope this helps
> Jack Brooks
>

> > I have been using Zone Alarm for a couple of years on my Desktop and
> > Laptop. Daily i am learning how much I do not know about this program.
> >
> > My present configuration is this
> >
> > a. Desktop with Zone Alarm Pro accesses Internet via cable to router.
> >
> > b. Laptop with free Zone Alarm accesses Internet via cable or wireless
> > to router when at home and via dial up or free cable or free wireless
> > when traveling
> >
> > Question 1.  I am about to renew my ZA Pro subscription.  Would I be
> > better off moving it to the laptop and use the free version on the
> > desktop since it is always behind the router?
> >
> > I am using Zone Alarm pro version 5.5.094.000.  Sometime in the recent
> > past I changed something (I can not remember what) that is causing me a
> > problem.  For instance, if I go to www.mozilla.org to download T'Bird
> > 1.06 I get a HTTP 403 Forbidden message telling me I am not "authorized
> > to view this page".  If I shut down Zone Alarm Pro I can download the
> > program with no problem.
> >
> > Question 2. What setting(s) must I change in ZA to allow me to download
> > programs?
> >
> > Question 3.  Is there an option I can set that will cause ZA to query my
> > intent to download an item and give me an option to make this a
> > permanent change for that site?
> >
> > For the life of me I have not been able to resolve this problem.  I am
> > sure there is an obvious answer that I can not see for looking.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Preston
> >
> >         The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
> >            web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
> >               Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com
>
>                The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>                  our special coffee cups and mouse pads
>               with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!
>              http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>