Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:48:14 -0800
From: "Jagpal S.Tiwana"
Subject: [PCSOFT] Corrupt registry.

> I hv been saving registry regularly, but with programs that run in Windows.
> Someone here suggested that i can save it run> regedit almost every day if
> I like.
> The other day my registry got corrupted. I could not start windows. So I
> got stuck.
> Can we save it in DOS or preferable on a bootup floppy.
> Pl advise
>
> With best  regards,

> Jagpal S Tiwana
----------------------

Assuming you're running Win98, it's easy to restore a "good copy" of your registry using your boot disk. Win98
automatically keeps 5 copies of your registry from various dates. If your registry becomes corrupt, try this
to restore a good copy: (Assuming you have NOT rebooted 5 times since the registry became corrupted,
otherwise, all copies may be corrupted.)

1) Shut down your PC
2) Insert your Win98 boot disk and start your PC
3) Use your down arrow key and choose option 4 "Minimal boot", then press enter
4) At the A:\ prompt type: scandisk/restore, and press enter.
    (you could also type: scanreg /? for other options)
5) Highlight whichever "rbxxx.cab" file is dated closest to, but dated before your registry became corrupt.
6) With "Restore" highlighted, press enter (left/right arrow keys to select)
7) When registry is restored, remove your boot disk, shut down, then start your PC.

*A few things to keep in mind when using this method*

- Depending on how old the rbxxx.cab file is that you restore, some of your work may NOT be recovered, and
some programs *may* need to be re-installed.
- Your virus scan program will probably need to be updated (DAT files).
- Your active desktop will probably need to be restored.
hth

Al Thompson

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com