Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:14:02 -0500
A friend brought a Compaq Presario 5000 computer he recently acquired to see
if I could get it working.  The previous owner ran Norton to try and
evidently partially removed a trojan that calls for msconfd.dll.  A window
opens saying it can't find msconfd.  I assume I will have to check the
regestry to look for calls for msconfd.  That is the problem.  The computer
boots to a blank wallpaper.  No icons and no task bar.  I thought there was
a discussion earlier about no icons but I couldn't find it in the archives.
Can anyone help me get the icons and taskbar back?  I pulled the hard drive
and connected it ot another machine, ran AVG and it found 22 virus and
trojans which rere removed to the virus vault.  Evidently Norton didn't do a
thorough job.  Is there a virus that deletes icons and the taskbar?  If so,
where can I find instructions to get the taskbar and icons back?  The
computer is a PIII 866, 128 MB RAM, 20 GB drive running Windows ME.

Thanks,
Jim Baird

---