Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:23:23 -0400
At 21:33 07/10/01, Jack D. Rees wrote:
>Does any one know the meaning of the following 2 error messages...
>and how to get rid of them?
>
>Message #1:
>"Cannot find the file 'INETD.EXE' (or one of its components).
>Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
>required libraries are available."
>
>Message #2:
>"Could not load or run 'INETD.EXE' specified in the WIN.INI file.
>Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference
>to it in the WIN.INI file."

Hi Jack

Do these messages appear when you try to run some program?
(What program?) Or do they appear at boot?

Have you looked to see if you actually have this file anywhere
on your computer? (Use Find or Search in the Start button's
menu.)

If the error messages appear at boot, maybe you should open
Win.ini using Notepad and delete (or remark out by putting
a semi-colon at the very front of the line) the line that
references INETD.EXE. (First remove the "read only" check
mark from the WIN.INI file properties tab...if necessary...so
that changes will "take".) WIN.INI is in your c:\windows folder
(\WINNT folder for Win2k).

I don't have an INETD.EXE file anywhere on either my Win98SE
or Win2k computers. (That may just mean I don't run some
program that you installed.) My point is that removing the
entry in WIN.INI is not going to hurt because the file is
not part of Windows and your computer can't seem to find it
anyway.

Regards,
Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: