Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:28:48 -0400
Joe:
Ajeet's problem is that AutoCAD insists on setting any extensions that
it might use as the system default, and it uses *.scr for script files.
(AutoCAD also sets all *.bak files to "AutoCAD drawing backup files".
How's that for arrogance?) If Ajeet doesn't use AutoCAD's scripting
ability, your fix will work just fine. Even if he does, there may not be
a problem, since AutoCAD scripts are invoked with a specific call from
within AutoCAD and should not confuse Windows. (I'm on thin ice here,
since I've never gotten into the script thing.) If this assumption is
invalid, and Ajeet has to have the scripting capability in his work,
then he has to find some other way to trigger his screensaver from the
desktop.
Not much help, I know, but sometimes defining the problem can be of
help.

Ajeet:
You might try the autodesk site - they have a user forum, and the
subject may have come up.

-- Carroll Grigsby

Joe Pearson wrote:

> Screen savers are actually executables so they need to be associated to
> *themselves*.
>
> On my system I have
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.scr]
> @="scrfile"
>
> It may be that [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile] is still OK on yours and if you
> just change the above it will be fine. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell] has
> three subkeys, open, install and config. The crucial entry is
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command]
> (which displays as ""%1" /S" in the registry editor).
>
> Joe

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions