Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Larry Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 07:24:11 -0400
Bryan wrote:

Subject: [PCSOFT] cdrom in dos
From:    Bryan Steward <[log in to unmask]>

We have several computers in our school, two of which are running win95
A.  The cdrom works fine in windows but we have a particular program on
cd that runs only in dos, but when we type in the drive (e:) letter for
the cdrom, we get an error message.  I looked in microsoft tech. support

for this problem and found how to assign a drive letter for the cdrom.
(MSCDEX /L:H)  Can anyone tell me if this will solve my problem:  I
would really like to know something before I try it.

Thanks,
Bryan Steward

¤º°`°º¤ø,  ,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,  ,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤ø,  ,ø¤º°`

I believe that the following if used as a guideline will help you out in
running your CDROM drives in DOS. I'm including a copy of my config.sys,
and autoexec.bat files as well as a third one called dosstart.bat.  The
latter runs when you exit WIN95 to the DOS prompt and will initialize
your CDROM drive in DOS at that time. Note that you will have to have
initialized the CDROM on initial boot by referring to the drive in your
autoexec.bat and config.sys files.

The names for the three files are centered just before the file
listings. Also note that I have two (2) CDROMs installed so you will
need single line entries only. Just to suit myself, I've named one
MUSICD and the other FASTCD.

Read the "REM" or ";" notes in the files for further info. Here are the
files ===>

                          C:\Config.sys

LASTDRIVE=Z

DEVICE=c:\windows\himem.sys

; If you want to have both CD drives available from the DOS prompt,
; remove the semi-colon from the first statement then run the batch file
; loadcds.bat at the prompt. The reason it's commented out here is that
; it just takes forever to load the old 2X driver

; DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDOLDRV\CDMKE43.SYS /D:MUSICD /R /SBP:220 /N:2

DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDROM\GSCDROM.SYS /D:FASTCD /v
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=004,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

                         c:\Autoexec.bat

C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE\VIRUSS~1\SCANPM.EXE C:\
@IF ERRORLEVEL 1 PAUSE
@IF ERRORLEVEL 1 PAUSE

@echo off

REM
REM * AUTOEXEC.BAT file
*
REM

C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DOSKEY /bufsize=512 /insert

:: *******************************************************************
:: * Remove the REM statement from the MSCDEX line if you wish to    *
:: * automatically load the CD-ROMs to be useable at the DOS prompt! *
:: *                                                                 *
:: * A better solution is to run the LOADCDS batch file at the DOS   *
:: * prompt - outside of windows, to make both drives accessable.    *
:: *                                                                 *
:: * NOTE: The names MUSICD & FASTCD must match the names in the     *
:: *       device lines of Config.sys!!!                             *
:: *       If only ONE device statement was executed, the first name *
:: *       found will be the "D:" drive (the "/D:" does not indicate *
:: *       a disk drive letter!                                      *
:: *                                                                 *
:: *       e.g.                                                      *
:: *                                                                 *
:: *       LH c:\cdrom\mscdex.exe /D:MUSICD /D:FASTCD                *
:: *******************************************************************

REM LH C:\CDROM\MSCDEX.EXE /D:fastcd
rem - By Windows Setup - LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:FASTCD

SET
CLASSPATH=.;c:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\BARISTA;c:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\TRUEDOC
SET LD_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\TRUEDOC\BIN
SET PATH=%PATH%;c:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\TRUEDOC\BIN;c:\utils
SET CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\WorldView for Netscape
Navigator\classes;%CLASSPATH%

                     c:\windows\dosstart.bat
REM
REM * This file runs when you exit Windows, if you choose to go to the
*
REM * DOS C: prompt.  This will allow you to do such things as copy from
*
REM * the WIN95 CD-ROM to run setup etc.
*
REM

LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:FASTCD

Hope this will help you out.

Larry Stewart,
Ottawa, Canada