Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Mc Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 16:50:59 -0500
I have had ongoing problems with OE 5.5.

One problem is that sometimes letters get to me all jumbled up with code.  I may see bit of the letter, then a bunch of code, then a few more words, then more code, etc. or there may be a perfectly intact several paragraphs then code, then a word or two, then code, etc.  What I am trying to say is that there is no set pattern.  Sometimes I am able to decipher the letter by skipping over the code and picking out the words and other times whole parts of the letter are wiped out.  At times, too, letters arrive with no sender or subject, sometimes partially code and partially text, sometimes completely blank, and it's only by clicking on properties and source that I am able to see who wrote it.  What I then do is write to the sender and ask her/him to resend, and usually it's just fine when when they resend.  It's a mystery to me.

I also have a terrible problem receiving attachments.  Most of the time they won't display when I open them.  Images are the worst.  I generally see just the top portion of the picture, and beneath that either a solid color or bars of color.  When I see bars they are sometimes gradients of the same color and sometimes they are strata in different colors.  What is worse is that they almost always jam up my mailbox, too.  In the past it would sometimes take hours for a letter with an image to load, and of course I was unable to use OE all the while.  I would get prompted that my mail server had not responded for the last 300 seconds or whatever, and would be given the choice to stop or wait.  If I stopped then it would display two new envelope icons in my system tray the next time I tried to download the mail.

These envelope icons, I belive, are Norton related - it is my understanding that Norton sets up another server between Earthlink and my mailbox and scans that way.  There were times when I would have 14 of these envelopes in my mailbox.  I'm not sure what that means, but I am just reporting all the details I can remember.

Some months back I called earthlink, my ISP, and they told me about mail2web, so at least now I can go there and display, save if I like, then delete in order to free up OE so it's usable again.  But all this is a hassle.

I would like to be able to just see mail the way it's sent to me.  I have my options set to send and receive html mail.  I really don't know much about all of this, so I am not sure what other details to include.  My OS is win98SE, in case that matters.  I would greatly appreciate any help.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>