Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:12:56 -0400
I came across this website by accident. It discusses various browser
hijackers and how to stop them, there are several programs that you use
together to get rid of these things, the most potent seems to be one called
"HijackThis". This web page has links to this program and others as well as
a good explanation of how to use them. The webpage is on a university site
the address is:  http://www.siena.edu/antivirus/

William Pike

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Dennis Duke
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 9:29 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] IE Explorer Hijack

I don't know if you call it hijacking or what, but Internet Explorer has
spyware or something attached to it.  When I connect to web pages, words
such as consumer, windows, etc., are highlighted and link to advertising.
Lately windows have been popping up for smileys and other things even when I
don't have IE open.  I have run Ad-aware and Spy sweeper and I still have
the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

              The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donatations
              to continue providing PCSOFT and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using Paypal