Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:56:39 -0800
On 3 Jan 2003, at 17:58, Demetri Kolokotronis wrote:

> When I try to reboot into DOS, computer freezes; Explorer absent. I can
> get to DOS by booting into Safe Mode, but when I do that I cannot get
> into D: partition; I get
>
> C:\>cd d:
> D:\
>
> C:\>
>
> In Windows, computer is not showing problems. Suggestions?

  In "DOS", there is a current default drive, and a current default
directory on each drive.  The "cd" command displays or changes default
directories, but it doesn't change the default drive.

  Specifically, "cd d:" means "Show me my current default directory on drive
d:".  And that's what it did.

  You probably wanted to change the default drive from c: to d:.  You do
that be entering the drive letter and colon, as if it were a command; i.e.
"d:".

David Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com