Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ray Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 06:24:38 -0800
Gary Perkins <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

>I'm running Win95B, on a Gateway P55-200, with 64Mb of RAM, and a less
>than full 3.8Gb HD.
>I've begun to receive the following error message:
>
>Registry Problem
>Windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. You
>should restore the registry now and restart your computer.
>If you ignore this error and shut down your system, you may lose date.
>Restoring the registry will replace the faulty registry with a known
>good backup copy. However, this backup copy may not contain all of
>the information recently added to your systam.
>
>Restore From Backup and Restart

>I'm not at all certain what the problem is; I am, however, very
>concerned that this is a precursor to some type of crash: HELP!

If it happens only occasionally, don't worry about it.  Just restart.  This
type of error will occur when Windows attempts to access the registry when
some other program is using it. The first program locks the file while it's
open; Windows is therefore unable to access it and complains loudly.  I've
had it happen to me (twice!) when I tried to change display properties
while a backup program running in the background was copying the registry
to another disk.
The other time was when I accidentally ran two instances of ERU, the
emergency recovery utility supplied with Windows, simultaneously.

So if it happens only once in a while, not to worry.  If it happens
consistently and repeatedly, that could be something else. In either case,
I'd recommend the use of ERU (you'll find it on your Windows CD-ROM) to
save a copy of the registry every so often so you can recover in case the
registry REALLY is munged.

ray reyes

ICQ 8603107

"Whaddya mean I'm on hold?  I thought I was online!!"