Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:48:15 +1300
I'm having trouble setting up a simple auto-run system to use on the data archive CD's I frequently create.

All I want the thing to do is open the CD after it's inserted and display it's label and icon in My Computer.

I set up such a system over 3 years back, when I was using W98, and it worked perfectly.  However, once I moved up to XP Pro, my CD's would auto-run ok, and display the CD title I'd assigned, but the icon won't show.

Having a little more time on my hands during the holiday period, I thought I'd address this annoyance, but I'm no further ahead, in spite of trying out a dozen or so autorun menu and inf creators.

However, one simple freeware program contained a help file to the effect that labels and icons won't display in XP.  Hmmmm......

This doesn't make a lot of sense -  my commercial CD's, games etc, all contain their own icons, and these all display without a problem in My Computer.  Plus, my own primitive autorun system displays the disk title OK.

But I'm baffled as to why I can't create an autorun that will display an icon of my choice.  I thought perhaps it might be that my 4-year-old Snoopy icon was outmoded in some way, so I tried substituting native XP icons.  But still no success.

Suggestions would be appreciated.  Just a point - I don't need a program that opens the CD to the accompaniment of bells, whistles and a multimenued display -  all I want is for the CD to autorun, and in My Computer, show the CD name and icon.

As I said, my system already does the first two ok - it's the lack of icon display that's a puzzlement.

TX

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown