Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:59:11 -0800
Do not reply to Administrative posts using this mailing list, as they
  will not be approved for posting. Send comments to: [log in to unmask]

February 23, 2010

We have some exciting new things in the works here at The NoSpin
Group / FreePCTech. Right now, Bob Wright and his team are
redesigning our Freepctech.com website  and plans on going live
within a few months.  The old site is still available, and quite
active, especially our download page.

POSTING to PCBUILD or PCSOFT
but we should do our part.

THREADS
---------------
A thread is the subject line of any message.  If you are not posting
an answer to a given thread, and wish to ask a new question then take
the time to change the subject line to reflect your new direction of
thought.  People often go to our archives, and read through entire
threads from start to finish. Understand that our archives go back to
1999, and contain every post for the last eleven years. When you post
off the thread, it makes a mess of our archives. You will find the archives at;

<http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=PCSOFT>PCSOFT ARCHIVES
<http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=PCBUILD>PCBUILD ARCHIVES

PROPER POSTING
------------------------------
Over the years, we have discovered the most common mistakes people
make when posting to the list(s) and the reason most often a message
sent to a list is stopped by a Moderator.  Here is the top six:

1. POSTING TO THE WRONG LIST
If it is hardware, peripheral, or networking question, then post to
PCBUILD. If it is software, programs/application, or online
programs/Internet question, then post your question to PCSOFT.

Operating Systems such as WindowsXP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux
or any other operating system questions are unique, in that we allow
these questions on both lists depending on the context. PCBUILD for
direct Operating system questions,  and PCSOFT for the applications
that the operating system may come with, such as, Windows Paint,
Movie Maker, or Wordpad.

2. CROSSPOSTING
--------------------------
Posting the same question to both lists is crossposting and is
forbidden. Don't do it.

3. ATTACHMENTS
-----------------------
The ListServ server will strip out any attachment or embedded picture
before it ever gets to a Moderator.

4. CONCISE POSTING
-----------------------------
Posts with all sorts of unnecessary content are hard to read, and
make a big mess for those who subscribe in Digest mode or read our
archives. Always remove old signatures, and as much content that is
not actually necessary to make your point when posting.

5. IMPROPER THREADS
---------------------------------
Don't steal someone else's thread/topic in order to post to the list.
It won't get past a Moderator. Start a new topic by using a new subject line.

6. SPAMMING or FLAMING (also known as "your gone!")
----------------------------------
We do not allow anyone to attempt to advertise or sell products or
services, (Spamming) on our lists.  We will not allow any derogatory,
sarcastic or unkind comments, (Flaming), on our list(s).  We do not
permit editorializing.

If you are having a bad day find another way to unwind, but do not
even attempt to bring it to our list(s).  Keep it polite and
helpful.  Telling a fellow subscriber that his or her PC is old, and
they should get a new one helps NO ONE.  Spamming or flaming will
result in a Moderator summarily ending your subscription.  Our lists
are renown as clean, polite, and professional and we ask your help in
keeping it that way.

PCBUILD / PCSOFT MODERATORS
Our Moderators watch over the list(s) 24/7 every day of the year.
They are the reason you won't see any spam, flames, or rude behavior
on our lists. You do not have to worry about your email address being
farmed by spammers. The Moderators work tirelessly, day in, and day
out, to make sure that PCBUILD & PCSOFT are presented to you in a
clean, safe, and professional manner. They all lead busy private
lives, but volunteer their time to manage the List(s), and they have
made the list what it is today. They can be contacted, at any time,
to answer any questions, as to how the list works, or other
administrative problems. They do not respond to PC technical support
questions as that is why PCBUILD and PCSOFT exist. Only Moderators
and owners use the freepctech.net email address. If you have been
subscribed for any length of time, I am sure you will recognize the
list  Moderators.

David Gillett
Bill Cohane
Jose Dominguez
Dean Kukral
Russ Poffenberge

Moderator Bill Cohane, a busy professor,  has been doing this  every
single day since August of 1997.  Our Moderators are made up of two
Ph.D.s, as well as professionals in the PC industry, with
certifications too numerous to list here. Moderator Dean Kukral
worked on the team that designed the first SCSI drive that is now on
display in the Smithsonian.  I know that any of our Moderators would
appreciate a thank you for all their efforts, over their many years of service.

SENIOR CONTRIBUTORS
We have also reorganized the Senior Contributor staff. Senior
Contributors, can be identified by their freepctech.org email
addresses. They are the pool from which Moderators are chosen when needed.

They are entitled to post with the SC identify, They are subscribers,
who over the years have shown that they can post to the lists
perfectly, and regularly, without correction by the Moderators, while
consistently answering list questions, in the sprit of PCBUILD, and
PCSOFT. Such behavior and willingness to help others does not go
un-noticed by the Senior Partners/List Owners, and such subscribers
are invited to become Senior Contributors.

The Freepctech lists are all about people helping people, and
generously giving of their time to assist others with their PC
hardware, and software problems. Senior Contributors are the best of
the best subscribers. Their reward is a Freepctech.org email address
and the right to use the SC designation. Thei have the privilege of
posting without moderation, and the grateful thanks of  Bob and I,
the Moderators, and staff of Freepctech.com. They make all our jobs
easier, and are a great benefit to our subscribers.

  Here are the current Senior Contributors. If you have been a
subscriber for any length of time, I am sure you will recognize one
or more of the names.

Peter Shkabara
Don Penlington
Hugh Vandervoort
Tony Beckett
Thomas Mayer
Paul A. Shippert
Kenneth Whyman
Kyle Elmblade

When in doubt about how to use LISTs  or  the web site, you can
consult the Quick Start Guide 24 hours a day at
<http://freepctech.com/pc/002/quickstart.shtml>http://freepctech.com/pc/002/quickstart.shtml

And don't forget about all the tips, how to's, reviews, downloads,
and guides available for free,
at  <http://freepctech.com/>http://Freepctech.com

FINAL NOTE
---------------------
Bob and I would like to take this opportunity to thank former List
Owner, and Senior Partner Drew Dunn, who retired about 18 months ago,
for  his many years of service. He reached out, and unselfishly
helped a lot of subscribers, including myself, over his 15 year
watch. Best of luck for the future Drew!

Our lists are dedicated to the idea of people helping people. Bob and
I provide the arena, and you do the rest.  We want to thank
everybody, from Moderators, to Senior Contributors, to staff, and
especially all our subscribers, for participating on our lists.

Bob Wright, [log in to unmask]
Mark Rode, [log in to unmask]
LIST OWNERS PCBUILD \ PCSOFT

http://www.freepctech.com/