Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Trimarchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:15:47 -0500
All help is gone!
Win98SE with MS Office 2000 Professional SR1.
Outlook2000/Excel/Word/Powerpoint/Access help is gone. I can get the
assistant but when I double click on a subject/search for a subject the help
window opens but is just gray. No text/no info.
Tried the "Detect & Repair" under the help menu twice but no help.
Uninstalled/Reinstalled Office2000 but no help. Reinstalled SR-1 Patch but
no help. Tried to Reinstall SR-2 Patch but it goes around in an endless
loop:
1) Please wait while Windows configures MS Office 2000 SR-1 Professional
        ...Gathering Information
2) Preparing to Install
3) Please wait while Windows configures MS Office 2000 SR-1 Professional
And then it starts all over again.

From Internet Explore I also get no help and when I click on Help/About
Internet Explorer I get No Version Information.

Also when I click on Start/Help I get the following Error Message.
"Cannot find the file 'hh.exe'(or one of its components). Make sure the path
and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available"

The applications themselves all seem to run correctly but stubbornly refuse
to help.

This is an HP Pavilion 6545c with 64megs ram and it comes with recovery
disks. I'm reluctant to use the recovery disks as everything seems to work
ok except any of the help features/menus.

I would like to get the help features back, particularly for Excel, without
resorting to using the recovery disks.

All help is appreciated.

Joe Trimarchi

---