Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
a fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:07:08 -0400
I am VERY IMPRESSED with my "Smart Popup Killer"  - it passed every test you suggested perfectly.  And it enables/disables (greys out) from the system tray with one click.  I highly recommend it.  You know when it is blocking because it plays a sound (IF you want it to) so if you want to get a popup window and don't, one click will allow it.   It's really great.  I do still get popups on one site : mediacom TVguide.com listings and they are VERY annoying - they come on with very loud sound.  I wish I knew how to stop those.       -Ann Fennell
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sven
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 9:45 AM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] popup blocker

  Hello Pattie,

  You didn't elaborate on that particular 'popup' but based on the name it
  could be a valid information window of some type. There are many popup
  stoppers available, some good and some not so good. Here's what I suggest:

  Use this (harmless) test site to see how well your popup stopper works:

  http://www.kephyr.com/popupkillertest/index.html

  But after that, I also suggest you test your popup blocker to see if it
  blocks valid, non-ad windows. For example, go to the Windows Update site
  http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp. Select a "more info"
  link from any listed update, and see if your popup stopper mistakes the info
  box for an ad. (Many do.) If your popup stopper blocks valid info boxes, it
  may be time to get a new popup blocker.

  NOTE: I use the Google Toolbar mostly for searching and form filling but
  it's included popup stopper passed this test with flying colors and allowed
  the information windows at the Windows Update site.
  http://www.toolbar.google.com/

  Sven Swanson, Sr.