Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:02:05 -0600
I've tried L&H Voice Xpress Pro, Vsn 5.0.  I was rather pleased with its
performance.  It is a bit of a memory hog though.  My investigations
revealed (1) all of the major players had their own strengths and weaknesses
but all performed about equally (2) the Professional version is much better
than the standard, (3) the newest versions worked better.
Ron Jobe

----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] dictation programs

On 21 Jan 2002, at 12:06, Heidrun Schröder wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
> with a bad pain in my wrist I am a bit in trouble typing my
> e-mails these days. Heard there are dictation programs and would
> like to try such out. Unfortunately don't have a small fortune to
> spend on one that will work really great, so would be pleased if
> the one or other of you might be able to tell me about a
> reasonably good one that is freeware. I tried the "usual" freeware
> download sites and could not find anything for free.
> TIA
> Heidi Schroeder

  There used to be three main contenders in this field, each of which
offereed several bundles in the range of $40 to $160 or so:

1.  IBM "Via Voice"

2.  Dragon "Naturally Speaking"

3.  L&H (Lernat & Houghspie -- spelling?)

  Then L&H bought Dragon -- and then it went the way of Enron.

---snip ---
Dave Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml