Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:14:33 -0400
Greetings Tom & list--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Mishler" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Outlook Express with two logins

> Date:    Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:50:21 -0400
>
> From:    "Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> [snip]
>
> One of the clients I support at our local Property Owners Association
>
> office uses Outlook Express to check her hotmail account. When she
>
> executes OE, two login dialogs appear, and it is necessary to put her
>
> password into each of them before dismissing them to check her e-mail.
>

>> This is a wild shot, but...
>>
>> Are the two login dialogs both OE dialogs, or is one OE and on Hotmail?
>>
>> If the latter, you need to get into the account, do
>> Tools-Accounts-Mail-Hotmail-Properties-Server and make sure her password
>> is entered into the Password: textbox and the Remember password:
>> checkbox is CHECKED.
>>
>> If the former, I haven't a clue.
>>
>> Tom Mishler

This is actually very close. They are both OE dialogs and they point to her
hotmail account.
Her only account is on hotmail. (Our cable provider allows the creation of 7
e-mail accounts.
Hers is one of three that had to be created on hotmail, yahoo, or whatever.)
When I've
checked "remember my password", no log in at all is necessary. Her inbox
opens right up
and the new mail check executes. No security here. To further complicate the
oddness of
this situation, I used "Add/remove programs" to "Restore the previous
version" of
Internet Explorer. When I opened up Outlook Express, I first got the error
message screen,
dismissed that, then got the login dialog, put in the password, and then OE
responded as
expected. Still not the way it should be, but, at least, only one password
dialog required
interaction. As soon as I did the Windows Update and replaced the current
versions,
the symptoms reappeared.  What I'll probably end up doing (unless I get a
more definitive
response) is again restoring the previous version, but then installing only
the Internet
Explorer update, leaving Outlook Express unchecked in the "Install minimal
or customize
your browser" setup option.

Thanks for your response.

Paul A. Shippert