Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 07:43:40 -0500
At 01:59 12-02-98 -0500, I wrote:

>But here's a way to reinstall MFC40.DLL. (Not easy since
>Explorer requires MFC40.DLL to be running and if Explorer is
>running, you can't delete MFC40.DLL or rename it. And many
>programs that come with it will not overwrite it if it's
>there already.)
>ETC.

Oops. Wrong!

I was talking about MSVCRT40.dll and not MFC40.DLL
which *can* be deleted or renamed quite easily since it is
not required by Windows until you the user run some other
program.

But MSVCRT40.DLL *is* another dll that frequently causes
problems, so it may be necessary to replace it sometime.

By the way,

a *free* program that I find invaluable when troubleshooting
is DLL Show. <http://www.execpc.com/~sbd/DLLSHOW.ZIP>

"DLL Show is a small utility that displays a list of all
running processes and their DLL dependencies. Click your
mouse on a listed task or process to see the DLLs that process
uses. DLL Show displays comprehensive information about all
running processes including memory load, priority and the DLLs.
DLL Show can be configured to optionally place it's program
icon in the taskbar notification tray."

Regards,
Bill

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]