Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:06:19 -1000
Barbara wrote:

> ...will share their thoughts on a problem I am having.  We just purchased a Gateway Select 750 AMD Athlon, 128MB Memory, 30GB Hard Drive.  I have spent the last couple of days transferring files and trying to get the new computer set up.  ... just sits there and will not load OR it gives the initial Install picture and then gives an error message.  Soooo - I think - is my CD bad?  But then I put one of the NEW ones in and it installed all the way to the Finish, and then it wouldn't let me Finish.  Hangs up there.... Over and over this has happened.

> I am so frustrated because I do not know whether this seems to be a defect in the CD-ROM drive, or is it something I am doing wrong (I had installed five or six with no problems prior to this) or did I just get unlucky and have TWO defective CDs.  What do you think?  Have you ever heard of NOT being able to install from a CD?

Yes, CD's and CD players can go bad or be made to go bad. I would check your suspect CD's for lint or a scratch. If you find one try to clean it and then try again to install. If that does not work I would try to start the install process on another known good computer. If you don't have the second computer you might uninstall one of the already install CD's programs, reboot, and try to installing it again. You may have got some bad CD's or the player went bad after installing some of your disks. Could be a loose cable also. But from what your are saying in your post if feels to me your CD player has gone bad. Since things are new, remember you warranty.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>