Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:30:40 -0400
Loy,
If you have a dial up connection with a different ISP than she does, or know
someone who is, try using it on her computer to see if it corrects the
problem.
At least that way you will know whether it is the ISP that is causing the
trouble.
I ran into this often when on dial up but thankfully, my ISP always solved
it.

Mary
----- Original Message -----
From: "Loy Pressley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 11:02 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Dialup Problem

Good morning,

I have a friend with a computer problem that I am going to visit this
afternoon and try to help. She is on a dialup connection. She dials to
her ISP and connects properly, then she cannot connect to any web page.
Every time she puts any URL into IE, it comes back with words to the
effect that it is unable to locate the server. She has spent an hour or
more on the phone with the tech at her ISP who finally told her that she
would have to reinstall her operating system  (Win98) and that she could
get a really good deal on a new Dell computer right now.  Her computer
is an HP and has performed perfectly for years.

The techs recommendation to reinstall the operating system, to me, is
the equivalent of someone having to buy a new car because they have a
flat tire. Am I correct in thinking that the tech at her ISP is giving
her the run around and, since she can connect properly to her ISP, the
problem is really at the ISP. I suspect that some kind of "upgrade" or
something was done at the ISP and it has not worked properly, or
something to that effect.  How do you trouble shoot this kind of
problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Loy

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!