Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Sanborn, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:56:28 -0700
Replies inline ...

Yes, I can  ;-)

> When it doesn't work, what is the error message?
No messages, the status bar on the bottom shows 'Link Table Wizard' for just
a second or two then nothing.

> Do your Office 97 machines have SR2 installed?
Yes, same results after Office & SR2 reinstall (& WinNT4-SP6).  Tried to
clean up register before reload, but no help.

> Is Office 97 installed as a network application or
> as separate installs running on each PC?
Separate on each.

> You mention having four machines.... did you do
> your described test on only two?
> or did you use 3 machines (one for each step)?
All 3 steps on each of the 4 Office 97 machines.

> Identifying each machine will help us visualize the problem better.
> (ie:  The database file is on PC1, Office 2000 is on PC3, etc)
Off2k machine(1 each) - Converted Access 2000 machine to 'prior Access
version'.
Off97 machines (4 each) - Preformed all 3 steps with the same results.

> > From: Sanborn, John [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> > Subject: [PCSOFT] MS Access Linked Table Problem
> >
> > I have a weird MS Access problem that I hope someone can,
> > at least, point me
> > toward a good resource for the answer.
> >
> > Step 1) I create a new database in Access97, I create a
> > linked table, it works ok.  Close the new database.
> > Step 2) I open a different database in Access97, that was created in
> > Access2000 and converted to 'a prior Access version', it
> > 'updates the modules' and life is good.  Everything in the converted
> > database is as it should be.
> > Step 3) I repeat Step 1 again to create a linked table, now
> > it doesn't work.
> >
> > - These are 4 different Windows NT4 machines

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html