Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:28:28 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
To: PCSOFT - PC software discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Floppy Drive Access

>Rich wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know why and how to stop my system from trying to access my
>> empty floppy drive each time I save a file to my HD?
>>

>Rich
>
>That will probably depend on what operating system you are using,
>and what application is doing the saving, and what other programs
>are open and/or running at the time and maybe even what kind/brand of
computer you are using.

Jim,
I'm running Win95b on a no name system put together by a local integrator
using mostly Acer Open components.  The system is a P200, 64MB.  It happens
at startup (understandably) and shutdown, and when I save a file in
Wordperfect 8.  The default directory in WP is a folder on the hard drive
and not the floppy.  It also happens if I retrieve a file from the HD and
then re-save it.  It also grinds away for a few seconds at other misc times
that I didn't document and don't remember.

Rich Levey