Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:17:13 -0500
Hello Larry,

I never heard of this software until your post and I've been into computers
2-3 days now. I did find it on the Internet along with one negative review.

Outpost.com | LAPLINK:
http://www.outpost.com/product/4174193

Laplink PC Mover Review - Network Software. Review of 155683:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/review155683.html

For the price ($49.99 at CompUSA and $40.00 at Outpost.com), I recommend you
use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard included with Windows XP. Go to
Start \ All Programs \ Accessories \ System Tools. It's simple, straight
forward, and the wizard will walk you through the procedure. In a nutshell,
you create a Wizard Disk (floppy) on the XP machine and run the wizard on
the Win98 machine to collect the information. Then, the wizard on the XP
machine will transfer everything to the XP machine. The method of transfer
can be a direct connection (see Help and Support), floppy disks or other
removable media (DVD, CD, flash drive, etc.). The file created by the wizard
can be large as it will include the My Documents folder and all mail in
Outlook Express along with all other data it collects (the My Documents
folder on my computer is 2.29GB). An external hard drive would be an ideal
method of transfer. With no external drive I would connect the drive from
the old computer to the new one as a 'slave' for the transfer.

The Files and Settings Wizard will not transfer your programs. This is for
the best as your needs have probably changed along with the programs since
you installed them on the Win98 machine. This way you can install the latest
versions of exactly what you want/need now. I would prefer to install a
program rather than trust another program to transfer it along with all it's
entries in the registry and elsewhere in Windows.

Don't neglect the "Help and Support" on the Start menu, there's a world of
information available there. In addition to what it contains, given access
to the Internet, it can acquire information from the Microsoft Knowledge
Base and elsewhere on a given subject.

Hope you find this helpful. Good luck.

Sven Swanson, Sr.