Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 05:26:32 -0400
I get a similar screen on My Home built XP Pro machine, but the choice is
for Recovery console, which I installed.
The boot sequence is controlled by boot.ini, which you can access from
Run/Msconfig/Boot.ini.
If you post the contents here,we may be able to troubleshoot it for you.
It's possible to make major errors here, so don't alter this file until you
know exactly what you're doing.
This MS KB article will help:
HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

In the start-up sequence, there's a screen that comes on (black and white)
that gives me a choice between Windows XP Home edition or Recovery.  If I
hit enter on the Home edition, the computer boots fine.  I found this out
when I came in and saw the computer frozen on a Welcome screen.  I hit the
power button and turned it off because I couldn't get past the Welcome
screen to solve the freezing problem.  When I rebooted, I hit the Home
edition choice to see what would happen, and it booted fine. To make sure
this wasn't a fluke, I've checked it several times.  I always have to choose
Home edition even though Home edition is highlighted for me.