Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 00:42:03 -0500
I have been following this topic with interest.  Here is my problem:  On 12/24 I upgraded my computer from ME to 2000.  It went very well.  I had to download a few drivers and update some programs.  I had to reinstall my Norton Anti-Virus.  As soon as it was installed, I did a scan and 3 files had the Win32.Goner.A@mm virus.  Norton was unable to quarantine them and the message was to delete them.  I cannot find them.  They are in C:\Restore\Archive\FS5.CAB.  The files are A0001286.cpy, A0001294.cpy and A0001303.cpy.  When I do a search for the files, nothing is found.  I opened C:\Restore and all that is in there is DISKCFG.DAT, SRDISKID...., VxDMon.cfg, and VxDMon.dat.  I scanned with Norton on each of these items and it said No Virus was Found.  I also scanned on the C:\Restore file and got the same message that no virus was found.

I have been emailing with Symantic and they tell me different sites to go to, but they keep referring me to the article about System Restore which is in ME.  I don't see it in 2000.

Does anyone know what these files are?  If I choose the option on Norton to manually deal with the virus instead of automatically, I have the option to quarantine the file.  It says it cannot do that.  Then I get a message to delete the file and replace it with a clean file.  I am afraid to try to delete them, since I don't know what they are!  Could this be something left over from ME that I don't need now?

I hope someone can understand what I am trying to say!!  Thank you for your help and Happy New Year!

Nancy Klocker

Date:    Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:17:01 -0800
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SOFTWARE? QUESTION

On 29 Dec 2001, at 20:56, Philippe J Beaulieu wrote:

> I recently lost a huge chunk of hard drive space. Careful searching of my
> hard drive has found a lot of hidden files on my system. in c:\restore\temp
> there are a total of 15,582 files ending in the extention of   .cpy.  On
> 12/25 between 9:19pm and 9:39pm there are 2,605 files most 1,249kb each in
> size for a total of 3.03GB space taken for that 20 minute period alone. What
> is a .cpy file and can they be safely deleted?
>
> Philippe Beaulieu [log in to unmask]

  Is there any chance you were installing something at about that
time -- like, for instance, an OS service pack and selected the
option to "save information in order to be able to uninstall this"?

  (I recently was asked to look at a friend's machine to determine
why it was running into various problems.  On a 10GB drive, their
c:\temp folder contained about 6GB, including about four copies of
installation files from aborted/failed attempts to install a large
application....)

Dave Gillett