Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:09:46 -0500
David Gillett wrote:

> On 16 Mar 98 at 7:21, Jim Meagher wrote:
>

>   Is this still true after you save the file and exit and restart
> Word?  I don't think so.

What you say is true, but it's a pretty awkward way to flush out the
codes.  It also gives you no flexibility since it's a "shotgun" type
procedure.  In other words, EVERYthing goes -- not just the crud in
the current paragraph.

This same arguement has gone unresolved ever since MS first bought
the MAC version of Word and beat on it 'til it fit the IBM/DOS platform.

In WP, I can use a surgeon's scapel to trim and remove codes that
I no longer need AND I can reactivate others.  In Word -- as you pointed
out -- I have to save, close, and reopen the file -- all or nothing.

Also, please remember that in my original post, I said that each program
has it's merits and it's problems.  In this case (hidden codes) WP is
a superior system, but for mail merging, Word can run circles around
WP -especially- when working with an external/foriegn data file.

Word is an excellent business tool for grinding out office
correspondence and mail merging.  WordPerfect is a more flexible
product that lends itself more easily to the creative individual
doing non-traditional correspondence.

--
Jim Meagher
=====