Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:12:58 -0700
Mike, I have win98, but maybe your beeps are like mine, and if so you could
check two things - first, is it possible that a certain site is open when
this occurs?  There is a game site I go to sometimes and I didn't realize it
for some time because I generally have a lot of windows open, but every now
and then when it is open I hear an odd sound.  I finally figured it out -I
never hear it if that site is not open.  Like many such sites that site adds
spyware to my computer so I run adaware after I shut it.

The other thing I did to find an odd sound once was open "sounds"  in my
control panel.  If you do that you will find a little speaker icon next to
each function that currently has a sound associated with it.  It may take a
bit of time, but if you go down the list and play each sound until you hear
that particular beep then you can disable it if you like.

There are a number of things my computer does that I don't really need an
alert about, and some I do.  On that list I have assigned sounds to those I
wish to hear and made sure there is no sound for the ones I don't care
about.

Mary Mc Donald

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml