Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:48:27 -0700
From: "Rick Thornton"
Subject: [PCSOFT] IE5.5 Illegal Operation

> Hi,
>
> I have a Pentium 133, 64 meg RAM running WIN98.  I loaded IE 5.5 and it was ok until recently.
Now when I start it it loads and then I get an "illegal operation" dialogue box that says-
> "I explorer caused an invalid page fault in module msjava.dll at 015F=7C0D2B55   Registers
EAX=00550024 CS=0515F5 EIP=  and on ad infinitum"

> The detail in these messages are not always the same.  I have tried the repair function in
Add/Remove programs and even had a go at reinstalling but to no avail.  Also had a look in the
PCSOFT archives but couldn't find the same problem.

> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Rick Thornton
-----------------

Rick,

Page Fault errors are almost always caused by too many programs using too little RAM. When an
application requests memory that has already been allocated to it, a page fault is generated.
Consequently, you probably notice excessive hard drive usage. Running with too little RAM over long
periods of time is known as "disk thrashing" and can cause premature hard drive failure. You should
notice improved performance and fewer errors if you double up your RAM to 128 Mb. Otherwise, you
should attempt to keep as few applications running consecutively as possible. Your P133 is heavily
taxed running Win98 with only 64 Mb of RAM.

Alan Thompson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml