Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:34:52 -0500
hi...jim in minnesota.  yesterday i posted re: a problem with my win 95a
laptop running
in ms-dos compatibility mode file system.  thanks to a tip from a group
member  i checked my device manager and found under "hard disk
controllers" yellow error signs attached to "primary ide controller
(single fifo)" and "secondary ide controller (single fifo".  the third
listing under hard disk controllers, "standard dual pci ide controller"
does not show an error.  as per a suggestion, i removed the "standard
dual" and re-booted. however, the errors and dos compatibility remain.
checking faulty controllers, i get this message under device status
"this device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all
the drivers installed."  but i am told the standard dual pci ide
controller is working properly.  i pulled the laptop hard drive out.  it
is a toshiba md2720fc, a standard drive pci ids controller, hardware
version 004.

i hope i included the pertinent information.  one person suggested i
"reinstall the drivers", but i checked the floppies that came with the
laptop and there are no drivers for the 1.3 gig toshiba removable hard
drive.

again, thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

jim wishner in minnesota

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html