Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:25:22 +0200
Are you already able to colour the whole row based on values in one cell?
You can make this work with absolute column references in your conditional
formatting, and applying it to the whole row.

But if your question is about alternating the colours used I don't know how
this can be done purely with conditional formatting.

You could write a VBA macro. Brute force, perhaps.

Or you could have an additional, hidden column or three to do the work.
E.g.: test if the row is equal to the previous row with =(B1=B2) or
=AND(B1=B2,C1=C2), etc. Then test the true/false transitions (say the first
hidden column is P) e.g. =AND(NOT(P2),P3) - this will return TRUE for the
first row of new groups. Then a final column to do the alternating colours
e.g. =IF(Q2,1-R1,R1) - and seed R1 with 0. Then your conditional formatting
could be ($R1=1) - blue and ($R1=0) - red.

Sounds a bit complicated but if I've understood you right it works. There
would be a problem if some rows were not duplicated.

Joe

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>