Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:10:15 +0200
Hello list, replying to those 2 letters:

> I need hard drive space. In Win95 c:/windows/temp there are 6 .prn
> files totaling 12 MB. They are...
---
HS> ... So back to my other idea. Is there a way of accessing
HS> a 'prn' type file ?

A .prn type file is created every time you print something with
spooling on (it is on by default). On the successful print completion,
the file is deleted.

A .prn file may be requested by setting "Print to file" flag in the
Print window in most programs. The program will then prompt for a
filename, and you probably would not place it in c:\temp then :)

therefore, all .prn files residing in c:\temp can be deleted if there
is no document currently printing or waiting (if there is, then you
probably have a printer icon in your system tray. Click it [twice? I
do not remember] to find out what's going on.)

The .PRN files can be "opened" only by copying them to the printer.
But not just any printer : it has to be the same model, with the same
hardware and software settings, drivers, paper size, and even the same
cartridges (Lexmark black/photos and HP single-cartridge DeskJets are
printers where this problem is common). Preferably, the one on the
same computer where the .PRN was created. Then you will get the result
with 99% success.

You can also try same protocol (postscript, esc/p) printers; 'close'
models (Epson Stylus Color II/IIs); different printers that use same
drivers. But all you will probably get will be gibberish - printer
printing strange characters, ejecting paper, beeping and misbehaving.
It shouldn't cause any hardware damage, though.

If the printer is PostScript, you can try opening the files with any
postscript viewer, like GhostScript+GSView [free] -- sometimes it
works.

Hope this clears the issue --

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group